Saturday, July 22, 2006

Deadwood is Dead on

My most recent video obsession was Deadwood the brutally well done HBO Western series (http://www.hbo.com/deadwood/?ntrack_para1=leftnav_category0_show2) with salty language based in the historical town of Deadwood circa 1876. The series doesn't gloss over the reality of the time and try to put a PC/Glorified/Romanticized version of prevalent in portrayals of the west. People's fates are much more tied to their roots and race and sex are ever prevalent. I blazed through it with a library check out of season 1. Once that was done I rushed out to my local video store Reckless Video (http://www.recklessvideo.com/index.php) and grabbed the first two discs of season two. In a few of days I was done with season two and watched the first four episodes on Comcast’s on demand. I stayed home to finally get my taxes done with a TaxAct and had Deadwood on.
I highly recommend the show if you can handle the brutality evident in the times this show examines and portrays. If not there is plenty available that is less challenging and free on the network shows.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Salty? I think that is a polite way of putting it. :)

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home